Friday, June 5, 2009

Video of the Week

Yes, I used the wrong form of the word there meaning location when I meant their as in the collective possessive in the previous average post. My apologies.

I rarely comment about the Video of the Week, but I find this week's edition fascinating. It so perfectly captures the time it was filmed, 1980, and the stoner rock concert scene. The crowds hair, the lead singers beard and white fro' and his satin jacket with the sleeves pushed up and red silk TANK TOP!! Double exclamation points!! The song itself has one of the great hooks of all time in rock music. You will be hearing it in your head the rest of the day, and rightly so. The lead guitarist brown vest moustache combo is sensational as well as his guitar chops. There is a bass solo, and a drum solo, triggered to strobe lights!! double, double exclamation points!!* And the best/worst feature of this whole production is some dude with a giant Godzilla head standing behind the drummer!! I love exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I mention they sing some of the song in fluent(?) Japanese? No? well they do, and they rock it!
Please enjoy Godzilla preformed live by Blue Oyster Cult



* I'm fairly sure I ripped of double double exclamation points from either Brad Speiser or Bill Simmons or both so...

No comments: