Saturday, November 15, 2008

At first I thought, do I really need to comment on ESPN's Andre Ware ridiculous assertion that Utah and Tulsa and Bosie St. deserve consideration for a BCS bowl bid because of what Boise did in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl?  After some internal reflection  I decided that no, I did not. The world will somehow go on despite my fairly obvious observation. But then he had to repeat it,  in the fourth quarter.  His ignorance crossed the line @ that point. So here I am.
1. He is paid professional analyst from the worldwide leader in sports.
2. Due to the nature of the high turnover of college football players what a team did two bowl season's ago is hardly relevant today.  Louisville beat Wake Forest in the 2007 Orange Bowl does that mean anything for those two teams or the Big East or ACC for this bowl season? I say no.
3. He was asked this question in feature titled " Ware it out " with lame graphics and everything. So this was obviously discussed, with someone from production, prior to the game. This was not a question that posed out of thin air, spontaneously,  by his broadcast partner.  He had time to research his answer and came up with 2007 Fiesta Bowl.
4 Why someone in production didn't mention  the 2008 Sugar Bowl to Mr. Ware, where small conference Hawaii was ridden hard and put away wet by Georgia, I'll never know.


2 comments:

Big Primpin' said...

I thought Andre Ware was developing nicely in the last year or two as ESPN's No. 4 or 5 game analyst, but yeah, he can pose a weak argument or two here or there.
At least we didn't have to listen to the "feminine" Pam Ward call that early OSU game Saturday.

Jeff said...

When it comes to analysts it can almost always be worse, unless Tim McCarver is involved.