Thursday, November 5, 2009

Come on Terrelle



I have had Terrelle's back all season, I had tremendous expectations of him coming into this season, he is an effective qb at the major D1 level right now, but last week against powerhouse New Mexico State, I through up my hands in disgust while cursing and leaving the room before I did something awful to my sweet baby (plasma) and two young children.
First quarter, 0-0, 3rd and 4, Terrelle nervously and quickly throws over the middle to someone (don't remember who, not important) on a shallow crossing pattern. He never looked at another receiver (nothing unusual about that) he didn't wait for the play to set up he just got rid of the ball ASAP. He did throw the ball on target and in rhythm to his receiver, unfortunately for the Buckeyes, it was a one yard pass with plenty of Aggies in the vicinity who promptly tacked said receiver for a two yard game.
On comes the punting team.
If this play would have happened against USC, or Penn State I wouldn't have though twice about it, but it wasn't. It was New Mexico State one of the worst teams and worst programs in College Football. The fact that Terrelle could not keep his composure against a team that is smaller, slower, and less skilled than some elite (danger, sight exaggeration ahead) high school programs is absolutely disheartening.
Terrelle is going to need at least SIX to SEVEN more years of eligibility in Tresselville to even have a fair shot at becoming a starting quaterback in the NFL.
Crap and double Crap. I still am rooting for Terrelle, and it's not his fault that he was rated so highly coming out of high school, and the O-line did play horribly against Purdue, but my plasma is sleeping with one eye open for the time being.

No comments: