Friday, September 4, 2009

Vest e your making me teste.



This is from Ken Gordon, Columbus Dispatch. "Tressel said he plans to let backup quarterback Joe Bauserman direct a drive against Navy, somewhere around the Buckeyes' third, fourth, or fifth possession."
As much as I love and defend and respect coach Vest(I tried to get my wife to at least consider the possibility of naming our first son Tress (no dice)) I have to disagree with this thought process.
I understand wanting to get Bauserman snaps with the first team, please don't do it in the first quarter of the first game.
What if
1. The offense is stagnate or turns the ball over the first couple of drives
2. The O scores on the second or third series, you are then going to bring in the backup? Destroying the mo?
3. The O-line sucks and we need a mobile qb?

Please let him start the first drive of the fourth quarter, then the third, fourth, or fifth series against Toledo.

No comments: