Monday, March 30, 2009

observations and questions, or the Bud Light O's and Q's if this were ESPN



If you've been following the NCAA's you've probably seen this commercial at least 30 to 700,000 times, then another 7 during the final round of Arnold's invitational yesterday. Any way here's my O's and Q's
1. Dude is wearing a a tie, and he's adjusting it, but he doesn't tighten it to the collar suggesting that although he is required to wear a tie, he's not a corporate tool.
1a. At the 2 second mark it is quite obvious that our hero is sporting a mullet, once again confirming that our guy is playing the game, but by his rules.
2. What is this guy's motivation while adjusting his tie? Many possibilities here. He looks very confident though while looking @ himself in the mirror.
3. His house is quite effeminate and sterile and obsessively clean for a single man.
4. This single, go getter, lives in a lg. multi bedroom, multi bath house in suburbia??
5. They show him at work, but he is not working. He's shooting it with a co-worker, in the meeting room
6. In total, the guy is in the commercial for 6 seconds, and I get that, it's a commercial for the SUV, not the guy. But does he have to audition for that role? Does he put it on his resume? Is it better, for his career, to be in a Lexus commercial than in a Kia commercial because it's better to drive a Lexus than a Kia?
7. Finally, did the ad firm intentionally write a script with these directions, or did it simply edit out that way, or am I reading way too much into it. Anyway, it has provided me with decent entertainment during this spectacular tournament and got me thinking about the commercial which is half of what it is suppose to do, for the other half, would I buy this product?, assuming I could afford it, which, I guess I could, if wanted to short shrift my family's present and future needs, not a chance.

No comments: